Choosing a scope for Savage Mark II FV

BigBL87

Will be buying a Savage Mark II FV soon and need to get a scope for it since it doesn't have factory irons. Looking for a scope for the following uses:

-Plinking, ranges usually 20-50 yards, no longer than 100 yards.
-Occasional range shooting at paper.
-Friendly competition.

Here are the 3 scope I'm considering at the moment:

Nikon 6320 Prostaff 3-9 X 40mm Matte Riflescope (BDC)

Crosman CPA416AORG2 Centerpoint 4-16x40mm Riflescope

BSA Sweet .22 3 - 9x40 mm Scope Matte Black

From what I've read, the Nikon seems to be far and away the best quality, as evidenced by the price. I'm new to optics and shooting in general, though, and didn't know if the lack of parallax adjustment would be an issue with most shots being under 50 yards. The main reason I'm looking at the other 2 is that they have the parallax adjustment. Having adjustable magnification is a plus but not an absolute must for me.

Wondering which of the 3 is the best for my intended usage, or if there's another scope out there that I haven't considered. The absolute top of my budget is $120, although I'd prefer to spend less.

I have a CenterPoint, on mine

Well, only because you listed it, I have one of the CenterPoints on my Savage MK-II and it has given me very good performance. ...... ;)

I bought mine at Walmart that was discounted. You could do better and then again, you could do worse. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Back