Choose your battles carefully!

I heard a bump in the night that should not have been there. It was about 4:30AM. I had to make a decision; do I take a gun? I decided against it. There was a burglary in progress, when I found the burglars I called 911; they wanted to know who was it that put me in charge of bumps in the night that should not have been there.

The next day I asked lawyer/neighbor, he said if I took a gun looking for a gun fight and found one there would be no way he could defend me. Seems no one was paying me to investigate strange sounds.

The police department made 11 arrest and I would say that is good police work.

F. Guffey

The next day I asked lawyer/neighbor, he said if I took a gun looking for a gun fight and found one there would be no way he could defend me.

If this was in your home, and you were faced with an armed intruder that you had to defend yourself against...YOU need a different lawyer...OR...you need to move to a different state.

Calling 911 is always right...but, there is no requirement for you to sit huddled in a closet, allowing the opportunity for children and other family member to be at risk, while waiting on the cops to arrive.

Last edited:
I had to make a decision; do I take a gun?

Take? If I am home it is not necessary to go anywhere and or take anything with me.

911 wanted to know the name of the shopping center; I said I do not know but don't go away while I ask the burglars if they know.

F. Guffey

So, I think Guffey's point is that maybe the guy in the event referenced by the OP should have called the police and, otherwise, minded his own beeswax. :)

^^^^^......Exactly my point.

18 yrs. old, not your house / property, and you decide to go take matters into your own hand......with a BB gun. :eek:

Fighting over diapers - brilliant.

Not exactly. The Walmart employee got involved in a scuffle with the suspects and the customer came to assist. I think most of us would have tried to help as well.

Glenn,
That video was pretty crazy. What the hell were they thinking? I'm not sure when this video is from, but if this occurred when the police officers were targeted, those guys would have been dead.

At the time if it went bump in the night and was inside the house my wife's dog would wake her up, he was know as the ' hound from Hell' by church members. When those two went through the house looking for something that should not be there it was a scene. And then there were time the dog would loose something and then remember where he lost it in the middle of the night; same thing; he would wake her up without disturbing me. He used her to move furniture etc., there was no ignoring that dog, at first I thought the dog was an Alabama Leg Dog, once we got through that I placed signs on the front door. The first sign did not work because none of my friends spoke/read Latin. Loosely translated it said "love me, love my god" and It was not easy to love my wife's dog while it was humping on their leg. That dog loved company.

F. Guffey

This one is going to the police station in tactical gear and a face mask to complain about a traffic stop.

That was indescribably stupid...

There must be a Youtube gene that makes some people lose all common sense in the quest for views and likes...

That was indescribably stupid...

There must be a Youtube gene that makes some people lose all common sense in the quest for views and likes...

As I understand it from other news reports, these two have made a habit of provoking confrontations in the name of activism regarding 2A rights. Being "pulled over an hour ago" is their way of saying, again according to other news reports, that police were called because they were in a car in a busy parking lot with visible long arms, tactical attire, and with their faces masked; IOW, doing everything possible to make people think they were terrorists or bank robbers or up to some other dangerous pursuit.

Back