Choke Markings Fox Shotgun

Bucksnort1

I have a Stevens/Fox, Model B, side-by-side shotgun in 20 ga. I see no markings anywhere to indicate chokes for both barrels. I measured the right barrel (fires first) at about .612 which would make this a cylinder bore. The left barrel seems to be improved. I know the what the chokes are but I'm curious about markings on the gun to indicate what they are.

Look on the barrel under the fore stock.
Standard chokes for a Fox B were Modified/Improved Cylinder on the 26" barrels. Your .612" barrel is Improved Cylinder.

Kinda wish I had a Savage fox in 20 gauge with single trigger. Not sure they made it that way but I get a kick out of using my Savage Fox 12 gauge with single trigger. But it can be overkill on some birds.

The Model BSE (which I have) is made that way. 26", IC/M, single trigger, vent rib barrels, ejectors, not extractors, 3" chambers. Used to us it for duck hunting back when lead was still legal. Still have a box of 3" #2s for it.

Blindstitch, FITASC,

My gun has a single trigger with ejectors and with a vent rib but the rib is very low between the barrels. You can tell it is a vent rib.

I thought I read where .612 is the I.D. of a cylinder choke but, as I tell my friends, I operate under two rules. Rule one is, I'm always right. Rule two is, if I'm wrong, see rule one.

Back