Choices.....Choices......

GHILLIE

Ok, bros, help me decide which new gun to buy. I found a Ruger SRH in .454 nib and a S&W 625 in .45acp nib. Prices on both are very reasonable. Have been wanting both, just my luck, found both at the same time. Which one to buy???

Ghillie

It would be interesting to see the responses from peolpe
who have both of these guns. I don't have a .454 but do have
several .41s and .44s in addition to several .45ACP revos.
The .45s are a joy to shoot and fun to reload . If you don't reload then the .45 is your choice for sure as ammo
in .45/.454 is high.

My .45s get shot 10 times more than the magnums. They are a heck of alot more fun AND generally lighter to tote around.
PLUS---you can use the same ammo as your semiautos. As far as hunting is concerned my 6 1/2 inch S&Ws will push a 250SWC at 1100 fps which will do the job very nicely on a varrioty of game. 185 grn JHPs at just under 1,200 crush thin skinned critters right now. * *HOWEVER ! * * If you are looking to knock down Elk or Biggin' Bears than the .454
would be the obvious choice although extended fun at the range would not be in the mix.....dewey

Ruger. I have two S&W "N" frames; they are great firearms, real things of beauty. However, Ruger makes a better, more durable and reliable, revolver. In addition, while both Smith and Ruger have betrayed us, S&W's actions attempted to undermine the entire industry and all handgunners . . . and you did indicate this was a NEW Smith 625.

The 635 is nib, but it is two years old. So its a pre-sellout. A guy bought it from the dealer two years ago, never shot it, traded it in a couple of days later. He thought that 625s only came in 45LC.

Ghillie

Back