Choate thumbhole stock

Marcus

I saw a new Choate stock in G&A or one of the other gun rags a few months ago. It`s a pistol grip/thumbhole synthetic stock that holds several spare rounds. It seems like it would make a slimmer and better balanced package than a gun with a Sidesaddle (which I use now). I checked Choate`s site and it lists a new MK6 stock but there`s no description or pic so I`m not sure if it`s the same stock I`m thinking of. Has anyone seen one and/or does anyone know where I can see some decent pics of it? Marcus

There was a thread about these a little while ago, but I don't think very many people have used them yet. There were not very many responses.

Looks like a neat idea though.

Only available for the NEF guns, to my knowledge. Not for other weapons. It's part of their survival gun.

Choate NEF / H&R Stocks

choate_stocks_HR_tamer.jpg

The one I saw was on an 870. The rear of the stock was open ,more like a Dragunov and the rounds were stored vertically. I wish Choate had a pic of it on their site. Marcus

Marcus
Chote does build that stock for the 870 and it is shown in brownells catalog pg 50. And is refered to as the MK-6.

I checked Brownells it is $73.75. I'm kind of interested, believe it or not I actually like thumbhole stocks. :eek:

I have a thumbhole (CAI, going to replace it with a DSA thumbhole) on my FAL and I'm planning on building up a dedicated HD 870, and this way they could match. :)

Now would this stock fall under the Pistol grip classification, if it was made for the Benelli? Or could I use it with the extended magazine?

Back