Chilean Mauser

montana09

Just curious of the value of a Chilean Mauser I just traded for. All the numbers on the bolt, stock, receiver, floor plate match, the only one that doesn't is the cleaning rod. I was told the sling was original, but there are no marks on it to tell and am not too concerned if it isn't. The bayonet numbers don't match and was an internet pick up the owner said, but it is a correct Chilean Mauser knife bayonet for an 1895 made by Weyersberg Kirschbaum & Co Solingen.The bore has very crisp rifling and is in excellent shape. The crest is very faint. It is in original 7x57mm

The 1895 Chilean Mausers typically go for about $350-$450. They used to be a lot cheaper but the supply has dried up. Good part is that they are usually in very nice condition.

A local gun store had one of them that was just about perfect. Matching throughout including the cleaning rod but no bayonet, he wanted $800 for it which I felt was $200 too high. As much as I wanted it, I just couldn't justify spending that much on it and I passed. I am still not sure if I made the right decision as I have never seen one that nice either before or since.

Back