Chiappa Sharps Replicas

ckpj99

Hey y'all. I've been looking at the Chiappa Sharps reproductions. They seem to run just under $1000. I'm just curious if any has one, if they're accurate and well-built, and what your general impressions of it are.

Thanks!

i bought one when charles daley imported them and closed them out at a very good price, in 44-40 and like it and have killed several deer with it. that being said, there are several things to look at, the trigger guard is small, for a rimmed case you must watch inserting a shell as its easy to get it behind the extractor and i had to take metal off the left side of the tang sight(knuckle on the bottom of the sight that the screw to lock the sight into the base) and add two small warshers on the right side moving the entire sight left to get it zeroed for windage. eastbank.

I can't comment on the Chiappa. I do have a Pedersoli 1874 Sharps. It is well made and exhibits similar accuracy to the more expensive Shiloh. Just something to consider.

i also i have a large sharps 74 target made by pedersoli in 45-70 and it is a fine rifle with out the problems i had with the baby sharps. i did put a better rear tang target sight(larger stem) to get more range with the 525gr postal bullet. eastbank.

I've got one of their Creedmoor reproductions. I've been very happy with its accuracy. I replaced the original rear sight with a Pedersoli holding a Hadley disk. It really likes a 535gr Postell over 37gr of Varget. The only thing about the Creedmoor is that most gun cases won't work with that long barrel. The longest hardcase at the show fit with just 1/2" to spare.

Buy a Pedersoli instead. I've owned three and they all shot lights out and the quality is excellent. The Chiappa is no where near as good a quality.

Back