Chiappa Rhino Grips

KW Gary M

I have a Rhino 200DS that I love. Shoots great, full 180 grain .357's recoil like .38+P in other revolvers, accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

My only complaint is the grips are very thin. Chiappa offers grips that are longer on their website but they are all the same width/girth. Does anyone know of any thicker grips that will fit a Rhino? Ideal would be a Hogue style grip like on the LCR.

Unfortunately,in Florida, open carry is illegal and I live where we wear shorts and tee shirts year round. I only carry IWB with a Remora Holster.

You could try to find some sheet delrin and trace out the grip panels, cut and sand the panels to fit the grips, possibly find a larger screws, and reassemble. That will make the grips wider and with the right color delrin, they'll match nicely.

I have the 400DS with the stock medium wood grips and it seemed wider than the rubber grips I had on my 200D.

As for OWB holster. Just use one of the bag style Kangaroo carry shoulder holsters (or competing equivalent), but wear it on the wrong side of the body and drop the shoulder strap low so it the same height as OWB and it works great. That's what I do. You get the draw position of OWB, but you get the shoulder holster benefit of your pistol not dropping with your pants when you go to a public restroom.

Back