Chest Holsters?

1Longbow

I have a Ruger 101 Id like to carry in a chest holster,while Im out in the woods. anyone recommend one they like. Thank You

I have a Ruger 101 Id like to carry in a chest holster,while Im out in the woods. anyone recommend one they like. Thank You

I have 3 different ones: Gunfighters, Inc Kenai chest holster, Quicklock Holsters Susitna chest holster and a 2A holster. These are nylon and kydex. The Susitna can be converted to a belt holster. The 2A has an adjustable cant for tip up, tip down or horizontal.

However I saw that Crossbreed has one, too. Theirs is leather, nylon and kydex. Its configuration is fixed.

MB10 is a coupon code for 10% off and free shipping for the Quicklock Holsters Susitna chest holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have 3 different ones: Gunfighters, Inc Kenai chest holster, Quicklock Holsters Susitna chest holster and a 2A holster. These are nylon and kydex. The Susitna can be converted to a belt holster. The 2A has an adjustable cant for tip up, tip down or horizontal.

However I saw that Crossbreed has one, too. Theirs is leather, nylon and kydex. Its configuration is fixed.

MB10 is a coupon code for 10% off and free shipping for the Quicklock Holsters Susitna chest holster.

so which of these do you like the best and why? ive been kicking around getting a chest holster as well

so which of these do you like the best and why? ive been kicking around getting a chest holster as well

I am getting the Outdoorsman version of my 2A holster chest rig. It allows carrying the pistol in different orientations (horizontal, barrel up and barrel down). The lightweight straps are not substantial enough for me, though, and that’s why I’m upgrading.

The Quicklock Holsters Susitna chest holster has the capability of being a chest holster and a belt holster.
Its straps are more firm allowing for an easier draw.

The Gunfighters, Inc Kenai chest holster was one of the first that I acquired. The straps are too elastic for my taste. Though I have adapted to a draw by quickly grabbing it from the holster it does tend to make more noise of the three.

No personal experience with it, but I really like the look of the Alien Gear "Cloak."

cloak-chest-holster-for-revolvers.jpg

No personal experience with it, but I really like the look of the Alien Gear "Cloak."

cloak-chest-holster-for-revolvers.jpg

Looks like the Crossbreed version, utilizing leather. I believe CB is using cowhide rather than horsehide. They also have a leather back pad. Crossbreed has metal buckles, instead of plastic.

I have several of these chest holsters for different guns: N frame and X frame S&W, Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull , Glock 19X 9 mm 19+1.

I prefer them over a shoulder holster since the draw is faster and kydex keeps the guns in place without a strap. They distribute the weight across the back and makes for hiking a lot more comfortable particularly in hilly/mountainous terrain.

The ones I have can be worn over a jacket/parka. Though leather is comfortable I prefer kydex since it can easily be dried.

Back