Check your Sig 220 mags.....

Jhp147

Info only: My brother just came back from a range trip, and when he inspected his magazines for his Sig 220, he found three of the six mags had visible cracks just down from the feed lips. He hasn't gotten ahold of Sig yet to see about replacements, just wanted everybody to be sure and double check their gear. ADDITIONAL INFO: Magazines have been in service less than two years, no shooting except PD qualifications, have been kept loaded.

[Edited by Jhp147 on 01-25-2001 at 09:26 AM]

Thanx Jhp. Passed word to friend, he check, he have two cracked.

Sam...wheelguns don't have crack mag problems very often.

For jimmy and HKSigWalther

I will be able to contact him quickly and check for sure, but all I can tell you at the moment is that HE has had the gun only a couple of years. The blued will be originals, stainless will be Italian? If it's not that simple, be sure and post or E-mail how I can let him know how he can tell the difference easily. As soon as yall help me out with that, I will contact him and get the rest of the scoop. Maybe he has contacted Sig by now.

I checked mine and have two cracked.One mac-gar and one just marked 45 auto on the bottom.Emailed mec-gar to see what warrente they have.By the way the mec-gar was made in Italy.
My other mec-gar is ok.

Magazine maker info, looks like Sig originals....

Got ahold of my brother tonight. He reports that the mags are two stainless, one blued. All three of the cracked ones have the dovetailed rear seam and Sig-Sauer on the left side, near the bottom. Also present is a small circle with a triangle in it, a curved line extending out from the points, bottom rear of the mag. The damage is at the *back* of the magazine, not on the feed lips but on the area that roughly matches with where the rear of the topmost cartridge sits against the rear of the mag, just below the top of the magazine. He said there is sort of a dent there on the body of the mags, almost like the slide going forward somehow hits the rear of the magazine. We are assuming that these are Sig originals, about two and one half years old. He has three other mags marked "Made in Italy" on the right front side vertically arranged. No dovetail rear seam. The have no cracks and I'm assuming they are Mec-Gar. He will start in with Sig to get replacements next Monday. The salesman at the store said Sig would replace them, no questions asked, with about a four week turnaround. He will keep track of when and how it works out and I'll post a new post then.

"All three of the cracked ones have the dovetailed rear seam and Sig-Sauer on the left side, near the bottom."

That would be the original SIG made mags. Have not seen any cracks in any of my SIG made mags yet. Will keep an eye on them though. Thanks for the head-up.

Back