• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Check Your Server

Brad Clodfelter

The site is real slow and taking forever to respond when making a post. I also couldn't get on a few minutes ago and got the website may be having trouble. It's not my connnection or my computer. Blazing speed when going to other sites. It seems this site has technical problems every week. :confused:

We're looking for a new set of hampsters to power the servers. The old ones are getting lazy and entitled.

Depending on what time you were posting, you might have come up against some of the automated processes that run in the background at TFL.

Or, it could have been something else entirely. I had problems getting to a number of websites that I use on a regular basis. Very slow or no load times, while others, such as TFL, loaded and operated just fine. My guess is that it was a problem somewhere down the line.

Or, it could have been gnomes getting loose in the CPU again. We keep tenting the place, but they keep creeping back in. :D

Yesterday, for example, There was an ATT DNS server that was on the fritz. Sometimes I could get through and sometimes I couldn't. Had nothing to do with TFL, per se.

Thanks guys for the replies. I like this site, but just get aggravated when this stuff happens or when it is down and you want to see what is going on. ;)

Tomorrow is Sunday ... and you know what happens around here on Sunday ...

Nothing! Because TFL is usually down on Sundays! :)

Let's hope the trend stopped last week.

Mal, let me share some wisdom with you...

Some years ago my friend David was having his furnace replaced. The guy was looking at it when David mentioned that the water heater was old and he was worried that it might go out.

The guy grabbed David, took him outside, and quite seriously said "NEVER talk about the appliances in front of them. It will go out just to spite you."

David laughed, thought the guy was weird, and less than three weeks later I helped him replace the water heater when the bottom dropped out of it...

In otherwords, DON'T TALK SMACK ABOUT THE SERVER WHEN YOU'RE ON THE SERVER! :D

Oh come on! That's just superstition. These are simply machines with no cognitive abili ....

Ack! It's got me by the throat ... call 9

Back