Check this out! Diablo 12 gauge black powder pistol from American gun craft

How exciting! This thing just got delivered straight to my front door. I've got lots of different projectiles on their way. What kind of loads would you guys like to see out of it? I am a gunsmith and I enjoy doing these types of reviews and I plan to have a lot of fun with this one in particular. Has not a whole lot of them for mation up there about them so I thought I would do my best to give folks a decent opinion on it. Are links allowed in these forums? I do have a place where I post my videos but I don't want to break any rules.
Edit.. It appears the video link will be OK. Again I'm Trying to sell anything here I'm just sharing my own personal experience.
https://youtu.be/AUWZQd4MHFU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191003-104516_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003-104516_Photo Editor.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_20191003-105631_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003-105631_Photo Editor.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_20191003-105544_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20191003-105544_Video Player.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
As long as you're not just here to sell something, and you're not advocating illegal acts or inciting violence, links and video are fine.

Go for it.

I got my Diablo last month (ordered in January) and have only had it out on the range once.
40 grain loads of Pyrodex & #4 shot made a very mild boom with all 14 or 21 balls hitting inside the torso of a B25 target at 7 yards. 7 #4 shot makes a perfect layer, one ball in the center surrounded by six, & weighs 1/3 oz.
Took some closer shots at paper plates on the ground and it shredded ‘em pretty good.
Going to move the charge up to 50gr & see how it does this Sunday when I’m meeting up with my shooting buddy for some range time.
Was thinking of one barrel full of rock salt & the other with an oz of #4-I know blasting someone with rock salt could raise some legal issues but it’s fun to think about :)
saPjLKwl.jpg

KPsF7Xhl.jpg

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/Qmk4jy0TWzg

I had a great time at the range exploring all the different load possibilities. I hope that this video can aid others with their interests and questions. I've some more testing to do in regards to penetration at different distances but this is a great start!

I had a hundred .715 lead "pumpkin balls" on my doorstep when I came home yesterday. doing the math, even if I can only push them 600 fps they'll have 440 ft/lbs of energy. will be interesting to shoot for accuracy & see what kind of penetration they get-I have some scrap 2x12's that will make good targets & see if a ball can make it through 1 1/2" of pine. I need a chronograph for Christmas.

The recoil is extremely manageable. After having fun and exploring how much power you could put into it. I decided to take it out and put it to some real use. If you are using it for closer range hunting then you're probably not going to go over 60 grains and ½ oz of shot. At least not for varmint hunting. And I figure 80 would be pretty good if you're using round ball at close range as well. Brought it along to the woods and got a few squirrels. My woods are thick and I often end up too close to several of them to harvest with my shotgun. By the time they get to a desired distance I'm shooting thru tons of brush. So this really came in handy!

First off, great video. It sent me down a two hour rabbit hole of black powder videos that ended up with hunting hogs with a cannon..... But great review nonetheless. Thanks for posting.

Thats an INSANE amount of power. I had some surprisingly devastating results when comparing 12 gauge roundball with .45 acp.

Shooting Review and penetration testing of the AGC American Gun Craft Diablo - a 12 gauge Double Barrel Black Powder Side by Side Pistol.

https://youtu.be/zs0eVqO2qkE

New Video uploaded! <2:01>
????????????
I was able to add a couple of extra squirrels to the pot this week thanks to the Diablo.
Sometimes the little guys get up close and personal in all this brush. Too close to harvest without ruining the muscle. I got a little footage hunting with this 12 gauge Double Barrel BlackPowder Pistol if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/tTCdwF4cohk

Back