Check out what's REALLY happening in the UK

Oatka

http://members.aol.com/gunbancon/Main.html A great site, with some British humor, about how well the gun ban in the UK is working (not!).
They're even after toy guns now. Great story about Granny telling the SWAT team to "sod off" after someone mistook her toy gun for a real one.

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

Great catch, Oatka! I spent a LOT of time looking this one over. I sent the crime statistics page to an anti friend but I don't have high hopes. The other night we got into it. He said "OK, but you have to admit that if we banned guns there would be a lot less crime."
I answered "No I don't. Britain did that and their crime rate is higher than ours for everything but rape and murder, which are rapidly catching up. And Switzerland and Israel have almost universal ownership of guns that have been practically banned here for more than a decade, and their crime rates are miniscule compared to us or Britain."
He had the gall to tell me that didn't prove anything. I agree that it doesn't prove a cause-effect, like more guns=less crime, but I wasn't the one that tried to establish a cause/effect, he was. I felt I poked a hole in his argument pretty neatly, seeing as he said A=B in all cases and I cited three real-world, verified cases wherein A did not equal B, but what can you do?

Sorry about the rambling, I switched to vent mode.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"

I LOVED that quote! ... If it's not them, then who is it?

TR, I'm with you buddy. It came from this British site we're talking about. I never realized it was the good guys who were murdering children all along . . .

Did you also catch the part where she claimed that nailbombs aren't as deadly as guns since the latest nailbomb attack hadn't caused any fatalities? Apparently that never happens with guns? Besides, if true that would just be the top of the long list of reasons why guns are better for self-defense by the good guys than nailbombs. :)

Anyway, this guy has a great site and a great attitude--I signed his guestbook last night and there was a long personal email waiting this morning.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"

I wrote the guy complimenting him on an interesting site.

I also warned him about AOL shutting down gun dealers' websites, as his was on one of their servers.

In part, this is what he wrote back, "Call me paranoid but one of the reasons I use AOL is that the servers are based in Eire. The British police have intimidated UK based ISPs into allowing them access to e-mail accounts the only authorisation required being that of a middle ranking police officer. Lets see them try that in a foreign
country. I've nothing to hide I just don't like people trampling over my privacy. Anyway thanks for the warning I will pass it on to other UK shooting sites."

So, here's just one more example (as if we needed any) about the other evils that ride on the back of gun-control.

------------------
If you can't fight City Hall, at least defecate on the steps.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind comments about my website, its good to know that others can use the information there to fight the ongoing campaign against legal gun owners. Fight the good fight, shoot straight and keep your powder dry.

------------------
"Quemadmoeum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."
("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands.") -
Lucius Annaeus Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD).

[This message has been edited by The Lone Ranger (edited October 03, 1999).]

Back