Check out my review on my EDC Commander

ToddRvs66

Inactive
Hello all

New to forum, I have been spending time hear for a few days now and finally decided to sign up for an account.

This is turning out to be my most visited forum. I like that this forum covers all types of firearms and other topics not just say glocks, or archery only.

After reading some posts here I wanted to post a short video of my EDC 1911 LW Commander. This is a gun I built myself from a Stealth Arms 80 percent frame using their phantom jig and I think it came out quite good. I have put many hundreds of rounds through it and I could not be happier with it.

Check it out here and let me know what you all think.

https://youtu.be/h0ds2_n6lJU

Thanks for watching

Nice job. Couldn't ask for any better than 100% functioning.

Who did the anodizing?

Be aware that flush fit 8 round mags, if always fully loaded, have a tendency to wear out the mag springs quicker than you might expect. If you begin getting inertia feeds, you will want to replace the springs and may want to consider only loading the mags with a maximum of 7 rounds.

Nice pistol. One question. Did you shorten the dust cover from full length to fit the Commander length slide?
No I ordered a commander size 80 percent frame Stealth Arms.

Thank you for compliment

I will be starting a LW Commander From Stealth Arms but this one I am going to do in 9mm. I am just waiting on a few more parts. I will be posting the video of me building it on my you tube channel so be sure to look for it in the near future.

Nice job. Couldn't ask for any better than 100% functioning.

Who did the anodizing?

Be aware that flush fit 8 round mags, if always fully loaded, have a tendency to wear out the mag springs quicker than you might expect. If you begin getting inertia feeds, you will want to replace the springs and may want to consider only loading the mags with a maximum of 7 rounds.
I thank you for the input, I do have some Wilson Combat 7 round mags I may switch out the 8 rounders for the Wilson's. Thank you for the advise.

The gun was anodized by Briley when they installed the match barrel

Back