Cheaper than Dirt again

Status
Not open for further replies.

osbornk

They are at up to their tricks again. I went to their website a few minutes ago at someone else's suggestion and the same 9MM ammo I paid $8.99 for yesterday at Rural King is over $32 on their website. All of their ammo is priced that way.

Last edited:
I just looked @ the same S&B 9mm I bought yesterday: Almost $700 and 3X what I paid for 1000 rounds yesterday.....

They are at up to their tricks again. I went to their website a few minutes ago at someone else's suggestion and the same 9MM ammo I paid $8.99 for yesterday at Rural King is over $32 on their website. All of their ammo is priced that way.
I went back to their site just now and they no longer have it. Somebody is buying it.

Gave up on them years ago and have had no reason to check them out again. It's too bad. In the beginning they were great.

I haven't looked at their website in years and this thread made me go their just to confirm. $30 for 50 rds of Tulammo .38 Special... disgusting.

I don't know how that clown show of a company stays in business.
They do a ton of advertising, even on TV channels. Like, of all the gun/ammo adverts I've seen on TV, it's CTD and maybe MidwayUSA. Usually only see these ads on Fox News late at night.

If only Brownells and SportsmansGuide would advertise as much as CTD, they'd be out of business.

I don't remember the details, last time they did this they had a booth at the Tulsa gun show and there was a very heated argument and a lot of yelling. Very testy exchange.

I never had the chance to get gouged by CTD. The only time I attempted to buy anything from them about 12 years ago, got told by one of their sales reps "Oh you live in Alaska? We cannot send anything to Alaska. You don't have street numbers there!"

:rolleyes:

IF you do not like their business simply do not patronize them, even when things get back to normal. Personally, they are responding correctly - raising prices to prevent those who already have too much from buying more and leaving some for folks who really need it.

No such thing as gouging if both parties agree to the transaction

So when you sell Purell to a caregiver for an elderly person, and you charge $50 per bottle, everything is swell. Okay. I live in a different moral universe.

I'm really glad I'm not still caring for my dad this year.

In Florida and Tennessee, gouging is a crime. Don't know how many other states have similar laws.

o when you sell Purell to a caregiver for an elderly person, and you charge $50 per bottle, everything is swell. Okay. I live in a different moral universe.

I'm really glad I'm not still caring for my dad this year.

In Florida and Tennessee, gouging is a crime. Don't know how many other states have similar laws.

Come down off your moral high horse and think for a minute.
BTW, I live in Florida and there is no such thing as gouging

IF two folks agree to swapping money for product, then there is NO gouging. NO ONE is forced to buy anything from anyone at any time.

This is an oldie but a goodie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QEkw6_O6w

Why? Because it proves my point and disproves yours? One should not be so narrow-minded

A mind, like a parachute, works best when open

its price based on future production. since no one is making ammo (except for government contracts), what's out there will go up in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back