Cheap practice buckshot 12 gauge load

shamster

What is the cheapest quality buckshot 12 gauge load I can get for a Remington 870? I'd like ammo that is decent in quality while still cheap, and something that shoots like a defensive load. Thanks!

Try loading your own, those little balls fit together quite cutely in the wad it is almost a work of art!

------------------
***Big Bunny***

Try Sellier & Belliot. They have cheap 00 that's pretty good and it comes 10rds. to the box. Cheaper Than Dirt has it on sale until the end of Feb. for $39 for 200rds.

I second S&B. Good practice stuff, although I haven't run too much of it through an 870. It should be fine though.

And, besides 12Ga., Cheaper than Dirt has most of their S&B on sale. 9mm, 50 rds, for like $4.59.

I note Cabela's has S&B on sale for $64.99 for 200 rds w/ ammo can. Cheaper than Dirt is!!

Also, these loads are 12 pellets of 00 per round. I'd be wary of firing them in a light shotgun,unless one was recoil tolerant to a greater degree than normal. In a tricked 870, or other weapon of similiar weight, they should be OK.

S&B is great stuff, little dirty though. However cheap as heck. Reloading is good too. I just got a reloader off ebay for $17.00 and has never been used. Works great.

------------------
"Guns don't kill people the government does", Rusty Shackleford.

Back