Cheap 300 blackout range fodder

308Loader

Looking for some inexpensive bullets to feed my 300 AAC blackout. rifle is ar15 with 16" barrel, pistol length gas system... will be using H110 and or CFE black, CCI 450 primers, mixed brass. The 110gr RN bullets are cheap and shoot well, the 150gr FMJ also do ok, sierra 220's are great but not cost effective range fodder . Suggestions on where to look for inexpensive .308 bullets?

Not running suppressor, don't plan to hunt more than paper or steal for now. sub or super makes no difference to me at this point. I've checked most of the usual sites (mid south, powder valley, cheaper than, midway...) any thing I missed?

I've bought factory v-maxes and sst's in bulk for cheap at Midway--and generally couldn't tell the difference between them and new stuff. Not sure who has them in stock at the moment--they tend to come and go...

Last week, Midway had a bunch of (Hornady) 220 RN "blems" available, and may still.
They do very well for me. ...Probably my favorite subsonic bullet . . . at least until I find one that actually expands reliably.

Wideners Reloading has 147 gr Israeli FMJBT for around $80.00 per 500-also they have Speer 125 TNT for around $65.00 per 500-I have used the Israeli and they are nice bullets-cannelure and all.
I am running 14.9 gr of W296 under the 147's for a plinking load-good extraction and ejection.

Since you are loading the 150gn pulls are super cheap in bulk. You can load 150gn golddots for a serious load.

I like 120gn bullets in this caliber, so i load 120gn SMK’s (bulk seconds) and use 120gn Blacktips for serious use.

"Have you considered using a hard cast?"

I have no experience with cast projectiles. but have considered trying them.

anyone ever try accura plated bullets? 200rg SP at $15 per 100.

Last edited:
H110 doesn't need a magnum primer.
The only 110 grain load using CFE Black Hodgdon's site lists uses an A-Max. A jacketed 110 is a jacketed 110 though.
"...where to look for inexpensive .308 bullets?..." That'd be about 35 to 40 years ago. snicker.
Decide what bullet weight you want to play with first. Graf's lists(12 pages of .308" bullets) Armscor(The PI) 110 grain FMJ's at $116.01 per 1,000. Or $224.29 per 2,000. Shipping: One flat fee of $9.95 per online order.
https://www.grafs.com/

any special consideration needed for the Missouri or acme cast and or coated bullets? sizing, gas check, lube, excessive cleaning of bore? or do I just load like a plated bullet because of the powder coating.

I have used h110 with standard small rifle primers and it worked out fine, Hodgdon data suggests SRM primers.so I bought a brick of CCI450's to use with the CFE BLK, H110. also found them handy in 223/556 loading with BLC2. theoretically better SD in velocity, haven't chronographed the difference yet so it is still theoretical.

Last edited:
"I've bought factory v-maxes and sst's in bulk for cheap at Midway--and generally couldn't tell the difference between them and new stuff."

what do you mean by new stuff?

what is rmr? NVM found it. any one tried their "grab bag" bullets? looks like a great deal. none in 308 but the 224 - ss109 is attractive.

Last edited:
Back