Cheap .22 Single Action Revolvers from SOG?

Martowski

I saw some cheap .22 single action revolvers advertised by SOG. They were selling for around $100. Do any of you know about these guns? Are they any good?

FWIW, Gun Tests gave it a favorable review. It has a Zamac frame, though, so I would have doubts about ultimate durability. The price is right if you can get it near the SOG price.

Jim

What is a Zamac frame?

Would you mind sharing what Gun Tests had to say? I'm just curious.

I was thinking about buying a Single Six, but if these Heritage Arms guns are any good, I don't see how I could go wrong for around $100.

Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22 Revolver?

Now that I've figured out what this gun is that I saw advertised, I'd like to hear some opinions from those of you who have seen, handled, or owned one of these guns.

I understand they are chambered for both .22 LR and .22 Magnum via interchangable cylinders. What is the quality like on these guns? Do the fixed sight versions shoot to point of aim with both .22 LR and .22 Mags? How accurate are they? Someone else had posted that Gun Tests gave it a favorable review and that they have Zanac frames. What is a Zanac frame???? Any experience with Heritage Arms customer service?

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a Ruger Single Six, but I saw these Rough Riders advertised in SOG for around $100 and thought they might be worth a look. Would I be better off with a Single Six, or is the Rough Rider worth buying?

Back