Chat "live" on Sat. mornings

HS

JUST GOT ANOTHER ROOM THAT WORKS !

Honest
wink.gif

So give it a try & see you there?

Just an invitation from me to EVERYONE here to go to<a><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/id/parachat/index.html">http://www.angelfire.com/id/parachat/index.html</a> every Sat. morning at approx.7am EST.

Now if you think it's a bit early to get up then, it's 11pm MY TIME & I stay on 'till 1am to talk with you guys !

So, come & discuss whatevers on your mind - be it guns/gals or ...urghhh Politics ;)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"

[This message has been edited by HS (edited May 01, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by HS (edited June 05, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by HS (edited June 06, 1999).]

Does this mean the Earp chat is moving? Which chat room at Springfield? (Seeing as I didn't see a Para room :))

Saw the thread in handguns. Still unsure as to which room though (pistols or rifles). Would I be correct if I picked pistols?

[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited April 30, 1999).]

fal, since we're such a diverse group, I thought we would use the "General" room.

Yeah,I'm a bit ticked off that Earps chat is having a "difficulty" & there's no Para in the wording at Springfields ! ;)

------------------

HS

Just my $.02 worth but I like the Earp format better. Just tried the Springfield and either I'm not set up right or you have to click the send button for every post (vice enter) and then you have to delete what you just typed so you can type another post.

Quite the PITA IMO.

Yep - same here. Downright more stable (my old Pentium 100 non MMX doesnt like Java or whatever... after a while get a "fatal error" or "general protection" fault whih makes me think unkindly about Mr Gates) - but the format does require more fiddling - unless there is someway to set it up differently.
BTW after too many 'faults' I go out and plink a bit with my S&W 629 and find that very therapeutic... pity to miss the chat though.

Ok David I can take a hint...grin

I've just spent a lot of time finding a free Chat Room that is a similar format to earps & creating a Web Site to host it on <a><a href="http://www.angelfire.com/id/parachat/index.html">http://www.angelfire.com/id/parachat/index.html</a>

And it works on OLDER systems...Trust me ;)

So next week we'll give it a "test run"- OK ?

fal, it's titled in Para-lese :)

------------------

Ok, this is the week to give the room a real workout!

So if your awake & talkative, drop in & say hi.

------------------

Just a reminder to drop in if you wake up early enough ! :D

------------------

Got bounced out - every time. Very nice about it, keeps saying 'try again' but maybe you should get rid of that big guy with the knuckle dusters at the door :)

Sorry 'bout that guys....

I blame it on some Polymer owner out there (who changed the lock) who doesn't/can't understand that an ALL STEEL gun is the way of the future! ;)

Hope we have better luck next week - ok?

------------------

Ok, I finally found another Chat room that's reasonably user friendly.

See you there !
biggrin.gif

------------------

??? ... got landed in a "cybering" chat room (after some trouble loading the page - probably due to the very slow connections here): "Old Goat" category mow: Don't mind looking at the menu (when wife of near on thirty years doesn't catch me), but them modern shennanigans on this internet thing does seem kind of lonely.
Anyway, no "gun chatting" this time around - see you next Saturday maybe
smile.gif

Hasta Pronto! Peter Knight (aka "El Chimango Pete")

Ok, I scrapped the mkII room
wink.gif

Now try out mkIII & report back on loading etc.

THANKS !
biggrin.gif

------------------

Peter, so you saw through my simple attempt at a similie eh?

Yep, it is the "Lithgow" version, sniper scope is optional !
wink.gif

------------------

Ok, the locks been made Glock proof
wink.gif

The target retrieval systems up & the R.O's ready for a Hot Range !

Gentlemen, lock 'n Load
biggrin.gif

------------------

Back