Charter Bulldog .44 Special

Kentucky Rifle

I'm sitting here staring (again!) at the Dec. issue of "Combat Handguns" with the photo of the stainless Charter Bulldog .44 Special on the cover. I even went out to my favorite gun shop to have a look at it in person. It looks and feels pretty good. As a plus, it's not very expensive. 2.5 inch barrel, good feeling grips, and several posts extolling the virtues of Charter Arms.
They're pretty light though. Has anyone fired one? Or maybe someone has owed a Bulldog for a while can offer an opinion?

Thanks,
KR

It is everything a cheap light big bore snubbie should be. The only malfunctions I've every had were because the fifth round stretched a little by the time it came around. At 19oz it does a pretty good imitation of an inertia puller, so crimp well if you reload.

If you like your loads stout, consider it a carry a lot, shoot a little gun.

Tom

I hate to sound like an old saw but I've had one for about six months or so and fired it a few times. I'm not an expert pistolero or a techno guy that knows all the pressure stuff, but at 6'1" and around 210, I will tell you the little puppy jumps. I have small to medium hands and it hurts a little to shoot. My 12 yr old son who has larger hands than mine went through one cylinder's worth and wanted no more. Having said all that, it functions well, conceals very well and something about having 5 rounds of 44 special behind my back is very reassuring. For science, talk to the experts; for gut reaction, I say it's a good gun for the money.

Back