Charter Arms Undercoverette

Mike38

Looking for opinions on the Charter Arms Undercoverette revolver in .32 H&R Mag. Three reasons I'm looking at this revolver. I currently carry a S&W J frame in .38spcl, but it's on the heavy side, so looking for something lighter. The Undercoverette appears to be of good quality for a fair price. And lastly, I reload .32 S&W Long, so I'd have cheap ammo for occasional range use.

All opinions, good or bad are welcome. Thanks.

Only thing that doesn’t make sense is that they made it a five shot. If it were a six shot they’d sell so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing that doesn’t make sense is that they made it a five shot. If it were a six shot they’d sell so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they used to make the gun [undercoverette] a 6 shot, but I guess they felt making it the H&R magnum was too much for the material they use when making their guns and reduced the capacity to 5 shots.

they used to make the gun [undercoverette] a 6 shot, but I guess they felt making it the H&R magnum was too much for the material they use when making their guns and reduced the capacity to 5 shots.

I would guess they changed to 5 shots to have greater parts compatibility with the .38

I would guess they changed to 5 shots to have greater parts compatibility with the .38
I guess I'm missing the advantage a 5 shot .32 h&r mag has over a 5 shot .38 spl. same size gun, the .38 can be loaded hotter than the .32 and it can be loaded as light (148gr. target lwc) as the .32 all with easier to find ammo.

I guess I'm missing the advantage a 5 shot .32 h&r mag has over a 5 shot .38 spl. same size gun, the .38 can be loaded hotter than the .32 and it can be loaded as light (148gr. target lwc) as the .32 all with easier to find ammo.
You and me both, Jerry. I've always liked the idea of 32 H&R in a snubby, largely due to the 20% more capacity it gives vs. 38. If I'm gonna be limited to 5 rounds, they're gonna be as big as I can manage.

Back