Charter Arms "Undercover" .38

USNRet93

Buddy of mine has this for sale..$100 out the door..opinions of this wee snub nose? Going to be used as a light carry when riding bicycle in 'wilds' of Colorado
front range around the people's republic of Boulder..

Absolutely buy it. Those are good little guns that are perfectly functional. I've got one from the 1970's.

$100 is a steal.

Going to be used as a light carry when riding bicycle in 'wilds' of Colorado
front range around the people's republic of Boulder..

If the purpose is "in the wilds" then I would pass on it because it would be insufficient for four legged predators.

If the purpose is "in the wilds" then I would pass on it because it would be insufficient for four legged predators.
Bicycle, typical cycling jersey...in pocket..gotta be small, light..replacing a LCP..not gonna carry around a couple of pounds of gun. I've lived around here since 1993 and have seen one bear(in a tree), zero mountain lions..ride the road only.

I recommend a belly band for carrying while doing atheletic activities such as running, cycling, etc. Holds the revolver tight to the body, distributes the weight evenly and you don't have to wear a belt. You would wear the belly band under your cycling jersey or t shirt and since it is not tucked in, easily accesible by pulling your jersey up.
Have worn my revolvers with the belly band doing martial arts forms in the early morning in the woods.

I have had the clipdraw attachments with the adhesive tape. The tape is amazng as it is really secure. You have to heat it a little and let it set and then it will be secure.

Just a couple of months ago, a mountain lion attack a friends SUV as she was driving down the road. It's a fairly remote area and no houses around for mile or so. She said the cat was as big as an African lion! I chuckle now when I see cyclists on the road thinking they are totally fine. and yes, I used to be a sheeple super advid cyclist having done a 200 mile race in one day.

Back