Charter Arms 44spl.

I owned a Charter Arms Bull Dog for over 20 years and it was a fine large bore revolver. It was of the quality of a Smith & Wesson but it was an OK gun. I haven't seen one of their new products.

7th

There is a picture of the new...

..Charter Bulldog on the front cover of the December issue of "Combat Handguns". I went to my gun shop to look at it in person. The stainless steel is of the "brushed" variety and, at least to me, it looked like a great revolver. Not too expensive, either.

KR

That round will knock your socks off if it hits you. I winessed a old Constable shoot a armed agressor with a old triple lock 44 special.
One round put him down forever.
The Charter and it's size says just buy one and one box of ammo and load it and don't shoot it unless you have to. I have never fired one but I have friends who have and they say they won't shoot them anymore for pleasure shooting.
That killer in -was it New York?-who was going around and shooting young kids who were on lovers lane and so on. I understand he used a Charter in 44 special.

Don Mallard

This is one of several posts have written on the Charter 2000. I picked a regular blued one up about six months ago or better. I have fired it on three or four occasions. I am not a handgun expert though I have fired them for over 35 years and owned them for about thirty. I don't know much about velocities, penetration or expansion -- I kinda trust the intangibles and that good enough is usually good enough! I have relatively small hands for someone 6'1" and 208. The weapon hurts my hand somewhat when I shoot something other than Triton Hi-Vels. I took my 12 year old son out to shoot it and after five rounds he did not want to shoot it again. My favorite handgun is an old S&W 459 but I really like the Charter for ccw. It is small and concealable and I feel that the Tritons or Corbons that I carry in it will do the trick if need be. I have a couple of speed loaders but those usually stay in the car not on me. I ain't no pistolero and I don't like trouble and at 51, soon to be 52, I'm still a pretty good runner and that would be my preference. Finally, for those still awake, I have confidence in the gun with the caveat that my number one weapon is the combination of my experience, wits and judgment. Really, really finally: this isn't a Corvette of a gun but it's a darned sight better than a Yugo.

Back