Charter Arms .44 Bulldog Pug

JL Hunnicutt

'Anybody own one of these? How do you like it? Approx how many rnds do you have through it & is it still tight? This is the original Bulldog & not the newer Charter 2000. Thanks for your time & input.

The gun is everything a little snubnose big bore should be. Light weight, feels right in the hand, better trigger than guns costing twice as much, and packs a punch.

The light weight does make recoil a consideration. My early bulldog came with wood grips that can (should) be replaced with aftermarket rubbers.

The gun makes for a good inertia puller. Twice what I thought was a strong crimp failed. If you like your reloads strong your crimp better be strong also.

I don't think I've put more than a thousand through it over the years, so I can't say for sure about the lifespan.

Tom

Mine is an old model which was Armaloy'd and is outfitted with a pair of homemade oak grips, the original wood grips are just too tiny to be viable. I've had it for 20 years or so and only put maybe 500 rounds or so through it, and it's still good and tight.
bulldog.jpg

Back