Charter Arms .380

Trader001

Inactive
Anyone Have any knowlege of this Gun.Charter Arms Corp Model No.79K Cal. .380 made in West Germany Serial #C000327 6.25" L x 4.50"H x .75"W Finish either matte nickle or matte stainless(not sure which)

Last edited:
Got a picture? Does not ring any bells but a picture would show us if it is a derivitive of some other German designed pistol. Just because it was made there does not guarantee any quality but it might be something good. BTW this will probably get kicked over to the semi auto forum pretty quickly.

I remember those! Not many imported. I heard bad things about their reliability (I was managing a gun store at the time) but never actually held one in the flesh.

Research the Erma EP - 457 and the Erma EP - 459, imported from the then West Germany in 1984 . Never really made or imported in any great numbers prior to Charter Arms first collapse. Write ups about them were not too great. Listed at NIB 300 which in my OHO about 150 too much for a firearm that parts are non existing.

I had one ~15 years ago, it was a stainless Erma-made Walther PPK/S look-alike. Mine had a single digit serial number.

Quality was typical Erma: it broke the firing pin within the first 100 rounds. Charter Arms was going out of business, and I was unable to get the part. Had to machine a new one, took me most of the day to turn, mill and surface-grind it.

I was ecstatic when a collector offered me good money for it, good riddance!
LT

Back