Charter Arms 2000 undercover .38?

pittspilot

Well, I went out looked around, and decided I liked this one.

I searched on this sight, but it seems that almost all information is fairly old and considers the CHARCO version, which is supposed to horribly suck.

So are there any new owners out there?

Can you tell me what you think of yours?

I know how frustrated you are.I don't own one(new or old)but have read several good reviews about their construction and performance.It is a rescued company though and that bothers me.You might want to seriously consider an EAA Windicator in .357mag.I have one in a 4" barrel and it is a nice shooter and has a lifetime warranty from a "stable" company.You should be able to have a local FFL bring one in for $200 out the door.
www.eaacorp.com

I have a charter 2000 38spl. It is my carry gun. I have run about 1500 rounds through it and only have problems when I use CCI primers. Mine has the bobbed hammer and the CCI primers are too hard, Federal or Winchester primers are ok. Mine has been a good gun, and more accurate than I am. I had to file down the front sight about half way to bring it on target, and the first time I disassembled it I lost the spring follower on the latch. I contacted them and about 3 weeks later I picked up the replacement parts. It didn't hurt the function, but the latch was loose when the cylinder was opened.
If I could afford a better gun I would buy a Rossi or a Taurus, but with care the Charter should make it to 10,000 rounds with out trouble. I use reloaded lead wadcutters for practice, and use the Federal Personal Protection rounds when carrying.

Jim

Back