Charles Daly Semi Auto 12ga. bolt problem

greenberg86

Inactive
Didn't realize I had not been on in a which. Not to long ago I picked up a Charles Daly semi auto 12ga. made in Akkar, Turkey for next to nothing. ( $ 50.00 ). Pretty rough shape and bolt jambed shut. Got it apart and figured I'd try me skills at fixing it. Fit and replaced all the broken parts. At least I thought I had. Buffer, locking block, firing pin, o ring. followed a you tube R&R video. The only thing is now that the bolt won't lock open as it should. Any help on what I missed? Thanks

I'd look at the release button, as it is what holds the bolt open, and what the shells rim hits, when it comes out of the magazine, to make it close. It could also be the buttons spring. Before I could tell you what part name and number is what, I'd need the model number, to look up the parts schematic.

If I remember, those are not a bad shotgun, and Turkey has produced some well made arms.

I'll check but there is no model number just serial number. CD is where I got the parts so far that I replaced in it. Thank for the suggestion.

Check dixie said. For parts, ive had the best luck with charles daly. You will have to use the serial number, as models and even manufacturer plants changed almost constantly.

Gunfixr, are you talking about Dixie Gun Works? If so they do not carry any CD parts for modern semi auto shotguns. Besides when I figure out the parts I still need I'll get them at CD in Florida. Thanks though :)

No, i was talking about what dixie gunsmithing said above about how to troubleshoot the problem.
Then, the best source i have found for parts is charles daly themselves, they have a us office, and if you talk to their gunsmith, he is rather knowledgeable on the model changes and parts.
Or, the guy i talked to was.
Iirc, numrich does list some parts, but not much.

Thanks again for the info. Just got done ordering the parts I believe I need plus the carrier. It hangs down to low out of the receiver, I believe it's bent.

Back