Charles Daly Field hunter

It all depends on who made that shotgun. Charles Daly's have been made all over the world by many different manufacture's. I hope we are talking about a O/U and not SxS or a repeater. The best is a B.C. Miroku then guns made in Italy and Spain, lastly guns made in the middle east.

What are you looking at and who made it?

i have a earlier double barreled charles daly model 500 in 12ga made by miroku japan that is made just like my miroku browning bss 20ga double barrel with the same A&D lockup, and for the 200.00 i paid i got a ex shootgun made by miroku

Charles Daly

Sad to see just how far a fine old name has fallen.

The Charles Daly guns of yore were quite good, and often excellent. In fact generally speaking.....the older, the better.

I don't know with certainty when the current "crop" of Charles Daly guns started. I do know they are but a shadow of the names former greatness.

Beware of the newer Charles Daly guns. I am going to guess the current owner of the Charles Daly name started in the 90's. In fact the same company has been through a bankruptcy and reorganization. They managed to keep the name yet bail out on many thousands of "lifetime warranties"

Pass.

Had a Charles Daly semi-auto 12 ga. Bought it from Galyan's (before Dicks took them over) for $250. I thought to myself how could I go wrong with a $250 Semi-12?

Well...
Used it to shoot trap a few times where you load only 1 shell directly in the chamber.

Was going to take it pheasant hunting decided to load up the magazine tube to make sure I had it plugged to 2 shells. Loaded the round in the tube, worked the action, and all the rounds came out of the magazine tube at the same time locking up the action.

It's probably not a bad shotgun, but Charles Daly seems to go in and out business.

There's a fair chance that you will never be able to get parts or service, so unless it's an absolute steal, pass.

I too would pass. There are a lot of good pump shotguns in the 200-400 dollar range. So too, there are usually 3 or 4 good shotguns in the used racks at gunshops and pawnshops.

Remington 870s, Mossbergs 500s, Weatherby PA-08, Stoeger P350, Winchester SXP, Benelli Nova. All are from like $299 to $399 and will outlast you.

I bought a 12ga Daly field hunter SA brand new back in 2003 from walmart as a beater duck gun...the thing worked every time and I shot about 50 ducks with it. Having said that, I ended up selling it about 5 years ago on rumors of them getting ready to close their doors. Since they are no longer in business the only way Id take one is if it was free. Go buy something else like a mossy 500 or 870 pump, used if your on a budget.

Years ago Charles Daly imported very nice O/U's made by BC Miroku in Japan. They were well made and finished and today will command a good price

Daly, like Weatherby, never made anything. The MUCH older guns were built by some of the best Euro makers at the time, then both went to Japan and now, it seems, to Turkey.Like anyone else, there will be some good and some not to good models. Do your due diligence.

Back