Charles Daly 1911 any good???

Cyric13

I was looking at the Charles Daly 1911. For the price is it a good first .45? I have'nt been able to hold one yet but I'm trying. I don't have the dollars to get a top of the line .45. I've only heard good things about them so I wanted to know what you guys think.

I know I ask Alot of questions here but there is no subsitute for knowledge and I want all I can get before I buy.

thanks in advance, Cyric13

(seems Dalys have been getting a lot of looks lately)

Cyric, I have a Daly 1911A1. I don't carry it, because I can't get the friggin' thing to go into battery without giving it a nudge. It's way too tight for defensive use. It's scary accurate, and easy on the eyes, but unreliable. It stays in the safe.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Cyric13, I had a full size Charles Daly 1911, and it was a very good gun, accurate and reliable. Fit and finish on the early ones was not as good as they are now. I recently bought a Charles Daly 1911, with the four inch barrel. Fit and finish on this gun is excellent. Accuracy is amazing. I've had it to the range twice and put about 400 rds thru it of Winchester 230 gr fmj, and Federal Hydrashock in 230 gr. It had 3 or 4 jams early on, but this gun is a keeper for sure. I'm going to polish the ramp and that should take care of any further problems. Best of all I got this gun for $360.00 brand new and it comes with 2 MecGar mags. Rod Black

There has been a lot of discussion about the CDII .45s on several boards.

Most comments have been very favorable, but a few have been critical. (That is true of most guns, however.)

On the Bullseye list, where accurate 45s are really sought and built, the CDII get pretty good marks as a starter gun, upon which modifications are made. The consensus there is that a few of the parts, like the sear/trigger interface may be a little soft, and will have to be replaced sooner than expected. Except for that, it seems to be a great gun, and very good value for the money.

with some rework they can be very reliable and accurate. Tighten the slide, refit a barrel bushing some polishing and spring swaps (recoil as needed, and main). I enjoy rebuilding them and think there a fine gun for the money.

Back