Charles Daily 1911 45 acp

Prof Young

Local range has this in the case. Am doing usual on line research but thought I'd ask for comments here. Thinking about buying this. What can you tell me.
See pics below.

Life is good
Prof Young

Attachments

• gun1.jpg
    gun1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 105
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 78
  • gun3.jpg
    gun3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 74
I have no experience with the newer ones, but have 2 Charles Daly 1911s (full size and commander). Got them when they were first released. That was over 10 years ago and they are still working wonderfully.

If the current crop of CD's are of concern, there are plenty of 1911's out there for around the same or just a little more money.

As the 1911 breed goes, CDs rep-out as bottom tier hit-or-miss specimens. :rolleyes:

You only have a hundred other choices in a reliable make of 1911, and at that price point a lotta folks like the RIAs.

I'm not a big fan of Chiappa products, most notably their 1911 variant. If your budget is tight, I would look for a Rock Island Armory.

I bought one many years ago. Used it in a class to fix/upgrade a bunch of stuff. Got it running like a top. Sold it to a friend who still shoots it.

I'd not spend the money on one myself unless I was doing what I did. There are better choices in good serviceable 1911s.

I'd go for the RIA too. I have one and it eats everything that I feed through it. For the money a great shooter.

Prof, looking above I see 5 replies. 2 positive, 3 negative. I'm afraid I'm not going to balance out. I had terrible experiences with Chiappa, both a problem with a brand new firearm, and the really ridiculous customer service antics. Nothing would get me to buy anything Chiappa again.

-jb, score now 2 positive 4 negative :mad:

Thanks for the replies . . .

Thanks for all the replies. At this point I think I'll keep looking.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back