Charles Daily 12ga semi @ walmart

PWK

I was down at the Walmart in Alvin,TX to see if they had any more of the 1100's for $369, they didn't, and saw a CD 12 semi auto. It is synthetic black w/ black matte barrel 3" chamber made in Turkey, 3 chokes and has a ribbed barrel. The gas piston looked pretty low end, plastic and stamped metal but it was real light, probably 6 1/2 lbs. Seems to have a hollow stock. Price $299.00. Seems like a great price but it doesn't look to well built so it may not be such a bargain. Any opinions?

The CD may be a good gun - I would let others test it though. Around here, one can get a good used 1100 for 250 - 300 pretty often.

Giz

I bought one for Chritsmas last year. After about 250 rounds it started light-striking the primers. Took it back to Wal-mart, they shipped it back for me, no reciept, no problems, no hassle. I had it back in a week. Noticed a difference in the action after the factory work, now it cycles like butter. Have run about another 250 rounds through it since, no problems at all. I would recommend it.

We sell a lot of CD shotguns at the gun store where I work. The only one that has come back for repair had no firing pin.
It was a display gun at the SS and got put back into stock before they checked it out. They seem to be a good bargan. Anything that can go through dove season without a hitch should be good to go.

Good luck,

ts

Are their parts compatible with those from any major manufacturer? (For example, Remington barrels instead of proprietary)

Kharn

Almost certainly not, Kharn. Even the straight copies of classic arms rarely have parts interchangeability with the originals.

Back