Charlatan or Legitimate? you decide...

BigG

Does it bother anybody that if you have enough money you can buy a name that, in some past time, had a good reputation and use it as if you are that same company and can trace your roots back to the founders?

Specifically, I can think of:

o Springfield Armory
o 1911A1
o Luger
o ArmaLite

These all are owned by companies who copyrighted those names and use them as trademarks?

Am I being hypercritical? It just kinda burns me up!

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

I would also add to that list Ballard Rifle Company which is now reincarnated in Cody,WY.although,upon examination of some of the latest offerings,my personal opinion is that they are as good or better than the originals and certainly more affordable...BUT,they just don't have that "aura",or something,history maybe,that the originals do.

I don't think there ever was a Charles Daly (in that connection) or a Charles Daly Co. The name was just a name (sort of like Betty Crocker), and was used by one company after another since the early 1900s.

Jim

Back