Charges dropped against Black Panthers

stargazer65

You can read the story on Fox News about this incident during the election if you're not familiar.

A spokesman for the Department of Justice told FOX News, "The Justice Department was successful in obtaining an injunction that prohibits the defendant who brandished a weapon outside a Philadelphia polling place from doing so again. Claims were dismissed against the other defendants based on a careful assessment of the facts and the law. The department is committed to the vigorous prosecution of those who intimidate, threaten or coerce anyone exercising his or her sacred right to vote."

I was just wondering...:confused:

Does this mean that if I intimidate people with the threat of force I can expect to be told "Not to do it again":rolleyes: and then go my merry way?

Intimidating voters is a serious thing and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Few things can be as disruptive on a republic as influencing the vote by thrreat of force.

If these were members of the new KKK they would certainly have been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law as they should be.

And who said certain races get prosecuted tougher then others.....I wanna say uhh open your eyes nimrods!!!

Its hard to believe some judge just sent them home with a hand slap...

Some of those intimidated voters might of not been able to exercise their right to vote. I guess people rights don't matter anymore.

When I first heard about this and watched the video I was shocked. I didn't think voter intimidation happened in the U.S. It's the sort of thing I only expected in repressive dictatorships.

Then I thought, well thugs comes in all varieties, but I know our government won't tolerate this sort of thing. I guess I was naive. Apparently saying that it won't be tolerated while letting it slide is good enough.

The Philadelphia city government continues to try to infringe on the law abiding use of firearms, while tolerating the worst misuse of them, from the standpoint of civil rights. They only encourage criminal behavior with this disparity in enforcement and prosecution.

Philly wants to pass it's own gun laws, in flagrant violation of the PA law, but they won't enforce the state, and federal laws against certain groups. They are creating the environment for the gun related crime that they have, and their catch and release program for certain groups of criminals threatens the safety of their citizens and their officers. They've made the bed they must now lie in.

P6270015.jpg

P6300048.jpg

P6300054.jpg

Or this guy?
bunny009.jpg

Do any of you want this redneck armed as shown hangin' out at the polls protecting "MY" agendas? I think not! I leave the arms behind at the house to vote... I would immediately confront any armed person at the polls and hope they posture up! This ain't chicago or the middle east!

Brent

Do any of you want this redneck armed as shown hangin' out at the polls protecting "MY" agendas?

That's the problem Brent, If you, or any of the other Darlin's showed up at a polling place, and attempted to pull the crap these guys did, you would be booked, charged with every federal hate crime the DOJ could invent, and be in prison from now till Saint Swizzoms day.

(why ya'll wearin ya'll's good duds to hunt in ? ) :D

Its hard to believe some judge just sent them home with a hand slap...

Incorrect on a few levels. The judge was asking for sanctions for their obvious contempt of court (refusing to dignify the proceedings with their presence), and the Obama administration ordered that the case be withdrawn after they had already been awarded a default judgement in their favor. The "hand slap" was an injunction against one of these guys breaking that particular law at that particular place again before 2015. I thought the law was kind of like an injunction against all of us that we must all obey at all times and places, but it looks like people who are above showing up to court also get special laws written for them.

BTW, the guy who was prohibited from breaking that law again in Philly actually lives in DC. So at least we know where he WON'T be next election: Philly is the one place where he has to obey the law, so he won't be there.

Back