Changing pistol grip to folding stock. Legal???

Conservative

A local gun shop has a folding stock for sale for a Mossberg 500. The tell me that I can legally put this on my pistol grip SG. Is this true?? I live in Indiana.

I learned the hard way that Pistol grip shot guns are stupid. I bought one. Sure it is short and not bulky, but the recoil with slugs really hurts after about 5 rounds. And trying to consistently hit a torso sized target at ten yards is difficult.

If I can legally put on the folder I will, but otherwise I'm getting a regular stock.
No more pistol grip shotguns in my arsenal.

From what I can tell, as long as your shotgun isn't a semiauto, you can put most anything you want on it, provided the barrel is at least 18" and the overall length of the gun is at least 26"

Keep in mind these are federal laws, so your state may have others that are different.

From what I can tell, as long as your shotgun isn't a semiauto, you can put most anything you want on it, provided the barrel is at least 18" and the overall length of the gun is at least 26"

Keep in mind these are federal laws, so your state may have others that are different.

I like my pistol grip, but they do take A LOT of practice. But my question is, Who cares? I put whatever I want on my guns. The only legal problems I foresee are after I blast someone in self defense. And then it's merely a sidenote. The jury will be much more interested in whether or not it's justified.

Back when I was instructing the Dept used folders for rapid response vehicles around the prisons. I taught hundreds of recruits to shoot and invariably the troops had more trouble qualifying with the folders.

All the shotguns here at Casa McC have full stocks,and I do not feel handicapped thereby.

If you're auditioning for Miami Vice II, or looking good is mo' important than shooting good, got for a folder or pistol grip. If you plan on staying alive in the REAL world, don't.

Back