changing alloy for PC?

bigwrench

Are any of you PC'ers changing or adjusting your alloy because you are now powder coating? Maybe letting some of those stick on wheel weights go in the mix when smelting? Maybe casting some harder tougher rifle bullets?

I haven't changed the rifle bullets.... but the pistol alloy is quite a bit softer now, due to the ability to push soft stuff fast with the coating. :)

I never thought about that. I could use roof flashing with PC bullets. If my wheelweight supply dries up this would be a godsend.:eek:

So you guys are saying a pure lead PC bullet can be used in say...my 9mm carbine at 1200fps?

I don't own any 9mm's, or carbines either.... but stick on weights are good for that speed in my .357 :)

Last edited:
I haven't changed my alloys for PC. I'm not of the school that "harder is better" for non-leading, accuracy, etc. I shoot the same alloy in my handguns I have always used (somewhere between 9-11 BHN) and my lead bullet rifle shooting is new to me and I'm shooting about 13-15 BHN. Cast 'em, size 'em, PC 'em, size 'em, shoot 'em...

Back