Change Beretta for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irfan

I need one advice. Shall I make mistake if I chnge my Beretta 92FS Inox for a nice and new Glock 19?

Just a matter of what appeals to you. Personaly, I wouldn't make that trade in a billion, jillion years. There may be one or two people here who would disagree with that ;).

Good luck to ya!

If you like the 92FS, keep it and buy the G19 when you have the money.

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

The 92 Inox is one of the best-looking Berettas ever made, plus it offers the customary Beretta reliability. The Glock 19 is also a world-class pistol, but very different. Personally, I'd keep the Beretta and get the Glock also!

Get rid of the crappy Beretta, I don't know if their quality has gotten better, but the older 92FS designs are notorious for having slides fly off nad hit you in the eye. It is a fact. I am a NAVY Corpsman and have sutured at least 5 dominant eye lacerations in my time. Also, be carefull with the way you grip the 92, the tendency is to let your hand ride high on the backstrap and the next thing you know, you get a Beretta bite where the slide cuts the top of you shooting hand. Most commonly happens to people with large hands. I know people who love them will cry out in the Berettas defense, but having watched with my own eyes a COMBAT failure and having heard about another I would only buy a newer manufactured beretta.

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"

After careful consideration .....Keep the Beretta, that trade is a trade down!! Much to the chagrin of the good doctor I would humbly submit that after witnessing pistol Quals utilizing thousands of rounds if not 10's of thousands of rounds in a standard Beretta M-9 by both Navy and Marine Corps personnel; I have NEVER seemn a slide come off or a hand get bit. I have owned Beretta's (three) for the last 10-12 years and I have yet to have the weapon malfunction. I have hade bad reloads come apart and the weapon continued to operate flawlessly. I checked with the Gunners mates on the ship and they have yet to see a M-9 malfunction do to a design flaw. Numerous Marine armorors and even a Police officer friend who carries the 92F as a duty weapon have informed me that these weapons are highly reliable and report no failures of the nature that the good Doctor refers to, I cannot believe that that many people could be so off the mark.
The weapon you speak of is far superior to that Glock 19 I wouldn't make that trade but I am half tempted to purchase the Glock 19 and trade you....

------------------
...Those that are willing to give up some of their rights for a little security deserve neither...Benjamin Franklin

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

The only upgrade you need to make is too go
all the way; to the Sig-Sauer P226 or the
P228. Nothing wrong with any of the choice's;
I just prefer Sig's over any other make.

I'm a Glock fan to the bone, but keep the Beretta. I didn't care for the G19. Had a hard time hitting with it and went back to the 17.

The Beretta is an open frame fixed barrel design. Very accurate, very reliable.

As for frame failures, the only ones I've ever heard of were ones that had shop 30K+.

You sound as if you have the new gun bug. I say keep the Beretta, get a second job and get the Glock :) .

You can't go wrong w/either weapon, the Berettas are superior, as are the Glocks, HK's, Sigs...

As far as the posts derisive of the Berettas, it's a load of crap. Like "El Jeffe", I too witnessed thousands of rounds go down range launched by USMC M9s. No bites, no third eyes. And a far better weapon than the 1911.

Inox? Ever thought about a trade for a G-23...

------------------
Dan

Check me out at:
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Thank you Dan for your support! And I agree I would much rather have the Beretta 9mm along side than the 1911. More accurate, more reliable and all that right out of the box! IMO To get the 1911 even close to the same reliability/functionality you have to replace everything but the frame itself! I'd much rather pay once and be done with it...Later El Jefe

------------------
...Those that are willing to give up some of their rights for a little security deserve neither...Benjamin Franklin

Take care and God Bless, El Jefe

[This message has been edited by El Jefe (edited August 28, 1999).]

I feel compelled to vent my disdain for Beretta the corporation moreso than the pistol. I would ditch the pistol just for the fact the Beretta the company doesn't seem to stand behind their products the way other manufacturers of service pistols seem to do. I have heard customer service horror stories, from rude service to the policy that Beretta considers the life of its pistols to be 10,000 rounds for the barrel itself and 30,000 rounds for the entire weapon system. Of course, if any lead or a reload went through the gun, forget about getting any service. True, Beretta pistols are second to none, I think, in reliability and they're one of few pistols well-suited to the installation of a suppressor without any additional recoil regulating device. I have never owned a Beretta pistol (for the aforementioned reasons)though if the company decided to stand behind its products, maybe I would someday. My primary experience has been repairing them, wherein the most common defects are caused by human error of some sort; taking off the grips and losing a grip screw washer (which will in turn cause the grip screw to protrude into the frame if screwed all the way in and hang up on your magazine) or losing one of those pesky
springs (usually the slide lock or trigger bar spring).
I own a Glock 19, by the way, and have no complaints about the ugly gun so far. There's no Glock infatuation here, it's just a gun that can take the abuse I'd rather not have my other ones go through.

Trade your Beretta INOX off for Glock 19? Are under mental duress? By the way, is that an Italian Beretta? Well, I'm starting to wander through this thread...

I am a Glock'aholic. I really like them but, can't see why any healthy adult would want to make the trade you're considering for general use.

For concealed carry, that pistol is probably a little much but, probably not any harder to carry then my Glock 20. It is a very good pistol that is an eye catcher and a half for being a pretty pistol to look at. That Glock, well, it sort of grows on you after a while but, it's still an ugly duckling.

As to the comments above with regards to slide failures, I think in general, there is way too much hype with regards to that issue. Yes, slides have come off. Generally with guns that have seen a lot of hot 9mm ammo. New generation pistols have a "safety" lug to catch any catastrophic failures of this type.

Sid

If you can afford hi cap mags for it , buy a usp9 , it's reliable , tough and looks great.....on top of that it's an H.K. ..............if not keep the berreta........just my thoughts..

"just say no to glocks" ;)
------------------
frogman6

[This message has been edited by frogman6 (edited August 28, 1999).]

I was mis-understood, I don't hate the Beretta, it is a wonderful pistol, highly accurate and reliable. I hold great disdain for our govt. procurement system not holding Beretta liable for the crappy quality of early delivery production models supplied to the services. I would gladly own a Beretta anyday as long as it was newer than 94 in production. Although, if I had my choice, I'd take the SIG any day of the week.

------------------
DOCSpanky
"Walk softly and carry a big stick, perferably one of the 12 guage variety!"

Please take a look at [Link to invalid post] for my general comments.

Beretta makes the pistol required by the contract when they make a large direct sale to the end user agency.

Where did those "Brigadier" slides come from? How about the safety lug to catch the slide when/if it failed?

Current commercial versions of the Beretta double stack double action pistols are much different then their crude cousins the U.S. military community uses.

As with any military contract in general, its the cheapest bidder that passes the absolute minimum quality that wins. This often means that the commercial market and military issue versions of two like items differ drastically in their fit, finish and, overall quality (usually for only a small additional amount of money).

Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back