Century International Arms

Dave AA

What are these people like? I bought a CIA Stg-58 on an Imbel reciver, and it's a clunker. I E-mailed them asking for repair or replacement. How is their customer service?

Give up now - it is useless.

BTW what is wrong with your STG - I actually bought one from them and it was real nice - after I replaced the gas piston.

It won't extract shells, and shoots about 2 feet low at 100 yrds. it's a mismatch inch/metric. It won't operate at all with the gas set above 2

OUch! Mismatch inch/metric. Sounds like that L1A1 Century was putting out. I thought you might have been talking about the Centurion STG58 that they have been putting out recently.

Yours has the big thumbhole stock?

Have you pulled out the gas piston to check it. Mine acted the same way until I pulled the piston out and found that it had bent. I replaced it with a DSA Heavy Piston and it worked like a dream from then on.

[This message has been edited by CassidyGT (edited November 02, 1999).]

No, it's a pistol grip Stg-58. the piston looks fine. the zero doesn't move up or down when I play with the front sight. It's marked 0-5-10-15 do you know which setting is highest?

Back