Century FN FAL and...my first post!

Zeebrahed

Hello all, long time lurker here. This has to be one of the most informative sites I have ever visited. You guys and gals have helped me more than you could know! Thank you.

Now, I have come into a great deal for a Century L1A1 and I need some info. This is a pistol grip on a Hesse receiver. I have never seen this variant before. Does anybody have any experience with this rifle? I have checked the Fal Files and honestly, it seems as though if you do not have a kit gun you built yourself on a Imbel receiver...you have crap.

BTW, the receiver is metric unless you already knew that. Any and all help, no matter how small is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Zeebrahed,

Welcome to TFL. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We're glad to have you as a member of the family, and look forward to your contributions to many rewarding discussions in the future.

------------------
Mykl
~~~~~
"If you really want to know what's going on;
then, you have to follow the money trail."
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Greetings,

A little FAL background first:

I recently had my StG-58 kit on an Imbel received with required 7 parts returned to me after being assembled and refinished.

I've also looked through the FAL Files as well for a number of months (hence me going the way I did).

I've seen pictures of Hesse receivers and I've held in my hands an Imbel receiver. Of the two, even my inexperienced eyes could see the difference with the Imbel being far better.

Now, I've also seen Century FAL rifles and have heard from people who have Hesse receivers who like what they have.

The telling point for me was that no-one complained about their Imbel rifle, but some have complained about their Hesse/Century rifle.

I believe DSArms (www.dsarms.com) is setting StG-58 kits on Imbel receivers now for a good price. And I just received a mailer from AIM, inc. about their FAL on an Imbel going for $699 (or close to it)...i have had good service buying ammunition from AIM in the past. They should have a web page soon.

I think you can get a decent Century FAL rifle, but for me, I didn't want to run the risk of having problems.

Duncan

Back