Centurian 58 FAL question

orsogato

Hi all,

Anuybody know is it legal to add one more U.S. made part to a Centurian 58 FAL and therefore, not have to use the magazines with the U.S. floorplate, so you can just use plain old metric mags?

My reading of this stupid law seems to tell me that I can do this but these goofy laws are so complicated, the average citizen needs about ten lawyers and a nuclear physicist to interpret them.

"You can tell how much a society is decaying by the number of laws it has"

-- Seneca the Elder (old Roman guy who was pretty bright)

No Destructo,

I need to find out which ones are already the U.S. parts. The receiver is an IMBEL so that is definitely foreign.

If anybody knows, I will appreciate the help.
Thx

Orso

You can build a FAL with enough US parts to make using the original mags legal. I believe the magic # is seven parts. By the way they are specific parts. Some of the smaller stuff doesn't count. There is an exact list of qualifying parts over on the fal files board, check it out. Also remember that there are three qualifying parts in an american produced mag, mag body, follower, and the floorplate. So if you are currently relying on all american produced mags you will need to replace three parts in your FAL.

Back