CDS Leupold results.

i have one on a 7mm mag and useing 140 gr bullets at 3150fps and the dial is pretty close at the ranges i have used it at. eastbank.

I have one, but have never sent off for the custom dials. I can use it just fine as is and am not locked into only 1 load. Most any ballistics program will give you the MOA needed to adjust for different ranges for any particular load. I just print off the data, tape it to the stock and adjust the turret as needed. So far it has been plenty close enough for hunting.

there are pro,s and con,s, but for a quick 500 yard shot i don,t have to dial up 29 clicks, i just turn the dial to the 500 mark and shoot. and as i have the original dial i can use it any time i want, easy to change. eastbank.

I looked at them, but prefer to do it the old school way with actual values to figure out. Turning the knob to a set distance feels too much like cheating.

I have a couple of them. They work wonderfully if you supply Leupold the correct information. Chronograph your ammo, do not rely on load book or factory data.

just about any rifle that will push a decent shaped and weight bullets at 3000 fps or so can be sighted on a 200 yards and be 7-8" low at 300 yards, with 1/4" clicks that close to 9-10 clicks to be on at 300 yards and at 400 yards close to 20-21 clicks will be close to on and will work on deer or bigger size animals. for smaller targets i would go for a finer zero no matter if i counted clicks or used the CDS system. you can pick this apart by looking at smaller calibers or light weight bullets that realy should not be used for longer range deer size animals. eastbank.

I just use the MOA dials, I try different things and don't want a dial that doesn't work with my current load. So for me the MOA dial works the best combined with a drop chart taped to my stock.

I was in a situation this year with a large whitetail buck at distance with significant side wind where this type of system might have helped.

Back