CCW

4runnerman

One more question
I just did my CCW class (thanks for all the help i got from people in here)
They has a 2 for 1 special, Si i did Utah and Minn. Utah covers a lot of states including Minn. The Minn one covers 2 states that Utah don't.
Should i go for both or just utah? I live in Minnesota

Utah is 65.25 and Minn would be another 75.00. I don't travel much at all,but i did both soooooo.Is it a waste of 75.00 bucks or would you guys go for both?

Utah non resident and Florida non resident permits are good to increase your coverage.. Utah has one more than Florida.
I have a Colorado resident and will be submitting a Utah non resident CCW here soon.
This covers like 38 states,I think?

to answer your question, I also think its a good idea to just accept the deal. One reason why is they will both have approximately the same exact renewal and/or expiration dates, so you can go ahead and just do the both at the same time when needed to lessen hassle. Also, there is obviously a reason they offer this deal(besides making a little extra cash). I bet at least one of the states if not two that the MN will cover that UT doesn't cover borders your hom state. I also doesn't hurt to have two - they will know you mean business if you have your home state's permit as well as Utah's.

Sorry-Did not explain it well. The 2 for one was on the class room(which i did) Now it's just weather i want to send in for both. He (instructor) said that they are good for 5 years and it's $10.00 to renew every 5.

Yes the Minn one does cover 2 more states that are ajoining with MN that Utah does not

Michigan, and perhaps other states, does not recognize out-of-state CCW permits. If you are a Minnesota resident, a Utah permit is not good here, but a Minnesota permit is.

Michigan, and perhaps other states, does not recognize out-of-state CCW permits. If

Yes that was it. Minn is good in Michigan and Wisconsin.Those were the 2 states Utah did not cover in my area
Thanks

I got my Iowa residence CCW, and also in the class we did Utah and Florida. IMO the more the merrier.

Since I am prior military Florida waived my requirement to qualify with the firearm. So I got 3 permits without having to shoot one round. Although I have not mailed the Florida one in yet because it is so expensive and the Utah satisfies all the states I would ever go to.

Go for it...

Get the out of state Utah permit.

I don't know what your state looks like but Utah gives you a photo ID card (like a driver's license type). The name of the game is "options."

The more options the better. It's better not to use an option than not to have an option at all.

Utah is good for 5 years so money well spent (even if you don't use it).

Not sure I'm understanding the logic here...

Live in MO, get a UT or FL CCW, what for?
Are some more reciprocal than others? Traveling purposes? Ninja BBQ show-off stuff?

I know MN and ND do not recognize each others permits but Utah recognizes both, So I got a ND and UT, and my brother got a MN and UT, since we live on opposite sides of the river in boarder towns.

Back