CCW View points

It sure was a pretty good read. RG seems to be a reasonable fellow, yet a little naive.

That DS character was living up to his initials. :rolleyes:

I thought it was interesting, after 9/11 I didn't go buy more guns, didn't even think about getting a CHL. I had my P95 in the closet locked and loaded. Katrina was a bit of an eye opener, I don't know what really happened because I wasn't there but ultimately your defense is in your own hands for the most part.

I had two break in attempts in my home shortly after Katrina that led to the addition of a .40 cal and a 12 gauge to my protection stash, CHL shortly followed, and a few more things that go bang. The addition of a son to my family also prompted that.

I think in general people are getting less scared about handguns, I'm sure the availability of CHL's has quite a bit to do with it. I always used to think what good will my Ruger do me if it's at home and I'm somewhere else.

Since 9/11, I have learned that you can not count on the govt., police or other agencies to save you in time. They are a good service in a lot of cases, but they are very hard pressed to show up in time to save you.

If you believe one of these agencies will save you when you ultimately need it, you are sorely mistaken.

Not that a handgun or rifle is going to save you if a commercial jet crashes into your building...but the aftermath is what I saw. People could not be saved because of inpreparedeness on part of the govt.

http://www.combatreform2.com/S64phoenixrescuedevice.jpg or safety rungs running down the side of the building.

Anyhow, you are ultimately responsible for your own survival, your own safety and your own escape. This is the way nature has worked since the beginning of time. The same way Stegasaurus was equipped with armor plates to survive in its environment, we equip ourselves with weapons to survive in ours.

All of the stats talking about gun violence...they need to rehash that these crimes were done by criminals, not law abiding citizens. No one has linked a story of gun violence commited by a CCW permit holder. So, any and ALL statistics about this being bad are completely baseless.

Back