CCW Recomendations

ctrlaltdel

Inactive
I need recommendations for a CCW (have permit).My only
requirements are that it be at least 9mm/.40 S&W and designed for a 9 or 10 round magazine. I see no reason to to carry a full size weapon when I am limited to 10 rounds. I just refuse to pay 75 dollars for a high cap. Thanks.
/Chris

Kahr series pistols are a good choice.
I've an MK9 which shoots very well. It's a tad heavy for pocket carry (my personal favorite mode), but with a good belt, it is doable (this assumes you wear Dockers or something like that). I also carry on the hip (IWB) when I wear jeans...just beware of the tendency of your shirt to rise over the butt of the gun when you set or lean over.
I thought about the Glock 26 (Big Glock fan here), but they're a bit too wide for pocket carry.
I carry a G19 on my side now and then.

One of my favorite carry guns is the Sig 225. Thin, light, and ACCURATE! Hard to go wrong with a Sig...

At least a 9mm with a 9+ mag capacity.
Glock 26, 27, 29, 30, 33
Steyr S9, S40
SIG P229 (a little bigger)
Para-Ordnance P10 though I prefer the size of the P12

I really am impressed with the Sig P245 I have seven 1911s of all sizes and manufacture..The Sig P245 for a smooth double action or the Baer Thunder Ranch, if you wish to spend the money are real hard to beat.

I have the green trijcon night sights on the Sig from the factory..I have alsways used white..but the green are easy on the eyes.

Mainly because of the size & ambidextrous safety, I chose a Heritage Stealth .40, which is a little smaller than the Kel-Tec P40, although just a little heavier. It holds 10+1 rounds & is accurate enough for what I want. I'm consistantly able to put 5 shots in a 3" circle at 25 yards.....left handed..;-)

With the right holster, the Ruger P95 is a very effective CCW pistol. Standard 15rd mags can be had for way less than $75.
Sorry Gaston.

HK USP 40c/45c. Why are you required to atleast carry a 9mm or 40? You couldn't carry a 38 revolver with only 6 rounds or something smaller? Geez. Where do you live?

Semper Fi-
JJC

I carried a SIG P228 as CCW during four years. Now, I´ve changed to HK USP Compact .40 S&W SS, the best of the "tupperware" line (from my point of view, obviously).

Both are winners.

I usually use, due to local restrictions, 180 grains FMJ truncated cone. Very reliable and accurate, I never had problems (+2000 ammo fired).

alp-257

If you don't mind 7+1, then Kahr P9... (my daily carry piece)
If you HAVE to have 9 or 10 rounds, then Glock 26 or 27. (another EXCELLENT pistol, but too chunky for me personally)

If you can live with 8 in the mag and 1 in the pipe to get to 9, the Sig P 239 in 9mm will get you there. I have one in .357 Sig caliber and find it very accurate and reliable.

Glock 26 in MadDog Kydex. So small I always have it (at least when I don't already have my Glock30).

All my friends that have bigger guns (1911 full size crowd) never seem to carry as much. I guess the novelty wore off as the gun got heavier. Whenever I ask, "Are you carrying today?" More often than not they reply, "No . . . not today" then they look at the ground and shrug. I took a big lesson from the guys I mountain bike with: Whenever something went wrong and they bit it, it was the day that strapping on the helmet was too much trouble.

Here's another vote for Glock 26/27/33. All of these pretty much disappear in an IWB under an untucked t-shirt or sweatshirt. I haven't handled one, but a Glock 36 would probably work just as well.

Either the Glock 27 (nice compact and powerful pistol)or if you want something with a little beauty to it it would be hard to beat the Sig P239, either of these are top notch.

Good luck,
~Jason

Back