CCW question?

jcamwcsd

Inactive
I have a question, I took the CCW class in June, (i live in michigan), unfortunately I have yet to finish the process. Does anyone know how long my certificate is good for before I need to take the class again?

Thanks

You mean the CPL class don't you? :D June! you must be in Wayne County.
or did you not apply yet?

According to the Michigan State Police: A license to carry a concealed pistol issued or renewed on or after July 1, 2006, is valid until the applicant's date of birth that falls not less than 4 years or more than 5 years after the license is issued or renewed.

Your certificate should be good forever, since when you renew, you need not take the class again, but instead do a 3 hour review of the class material, learn new laws, etc. I urge you to get cracking though, especially if you live in Wayne county, since you never know what deviant new rules they will come up with to use against you.:mad:

Check here for more info; it's usually up to date.

Dunno about Michigan, but in my state the class completion certificate has to be less than one year old when you apply for a permit or you have to take the class over.

When I took the class in Nevada I was told the cert was good for 12 months and I presume this varies by state. Thus, in your case, "forever" is unlikely but 6 to 12 months seems probable.

Back