CCW question

nope, i am in North Carolina...My pistol permit is a NON-resident Florida permit, which allows me to carry in North Carolina, do have to register my guns in Florida?

No there is no gun registration in Florida, but my question is

why don't you have a North Carolina Resident permit?

Edit: I looked back on your previous post and got the answer to my question.

back to your original question... there are only a few places in the country where as a resident of that place you must register your guns... I think part of the problem is TV... everytime the cops on some crime show need to find out about a murder weapon or check on a suspect they find some 'registration' from years past.... the last one I saw on Law and Order the suspect bought a 38 in Texas a few years back. Totally bogus writing... there is no way NYC can find out what guns I've bought from an FFL as far as I know.

Last edited:
...and only if where you live has registration.

...Unless you need to specify which firearm you will CC on your license (a couple states have that dumb rule.)

Florida has no registration of firearms. In fact, state law prohibits a firearm registry, at both state and local levels.

You should have received in the application packet the booklet with instructions, which included a description of the various laws that pertain to firearms in Florida.

Back