CCW question for DC

• Thread starter Thread starter JS
  • Start date Start date

JS

Inactive
I was told you may be able to help me with a CCW problem. I live in SLO county and was wondering if you knew of any local Police Chief that would be more reseptive than our Sheriff. I am hoping to get a CCW to help in getting better paying Executive Protection jobs. I was an NRA instructor for a couple of years. I also did extensive unarmed and armed defensive tactics training for law enforcement through out the state.
Unfortunatly we never had any contracts with SLO county. Any help you could offer would be greatly appretiated, thanks.

JS...
If I understand correctly you are a professional "personal security" type. Thats good because you have "good cause" for business reasons. As well, you appear to have exemplary supportive credentials. Thus, unless your personal appearance is bizarre, I don't think you'll have a problem.
Calif is "discretionary" CCW...they decide if you are worth the risk.

In SLO all CCW go through the Sheriff, even if you start at a city level, it has to be OK'd by him and you will be interviewed by him. I don't wish to make you reveal details...but consider these where applicable:
1) If you are already in your profession and are clean, I don't believe you'll have a problem with Sheriff Hedges...he is more inclined to issue than our last Sheriff.
2) If you are new to the profession...have references and some kind of indication of upcoming work in that line.
3) Bring in all your certs., NRA docs, any LEO letters of reference (get them if you don't have them already, way good brownie points), any and all documentation of your qualifications
4) If your residence is in North county(away from the coast)...better.
5) Don't be a dick at your interview
wink.gif

I would be extremely surprised if you don't get it.

Feel free to go to e-mail if you wish to.

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

"Don't be a dick..."
The lady's a walking, talking Thesaurus!
(I keep getting bruised when I ROTFLMAO!)

Back