CCW Permit in UT doesnt allow knife carry?

Eric Larsen

I know it varies from county to county, primarily in SLC does my CCW permit allow for a concealed knife? The reason I ask is "Its a KNIFE!" I dont want to get slapped down by local LE.
Let me know...and nothing against it but no "Packing.org" I go there often.
Shoot/Cut well

Attachments

• tantosnubbie.jpg
    tantosnubbie.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 73
When I filled my paperwork out, the guy teaching the class pointed out that we were getting a concealed weapon permit, not a concealed firearm permit. The forms we filled out said "weapon", the liscence says "firearm". At that point in time knives were legal, as long as it wasn't one that was illegal period.

I would still call the attorney generals office for confirmation though.

Thats why I posed the question. My app says weapons permit but my license is a "concealed firearms permit"..thus confusion.
I will call them on monday.
Shoot well and thanks for the response.

Eric, as I said, at the time knives were legal according to my instructor. He even pointed out exactly why in the Utah code book we got as part of the class. Please post your answer after you call them.

The modern Utah CCW permits say "Concealed Firearms Permit".

The earlier ones, like mine (obtained more than 10 years ago, before "shall issue" legislation) say "Concealed Weapons Permit", and were reportedly broader in their scope of weapons-carry permissibility.

I have not seen the distinction clarified in the wording of the Utah Code, however, so I consider the distinction still rather murky.

Back