CCW jacket

I always figure that jackets and vests designed for concealed carry will quickly become well-known to both bad guys and cops......thus revealing that you are carrying.......which is exactly what you don't want.

I would agree, I don't want anyone to know that I am carrying. That is one of the reasons it would be nice to hear from anyone that has one and can comment on things like that. I am also hoping that a well designed jacket or coat will be able to hide the outline of a pistol and magazine. In my mind that would be one of the main purposes of these types of jackets.

Jim

I always figure that jackets and vests designed for concealed carry will quickly become well-known to both bad guys and cops.....
I always assume any adult whose shirt isn't tucked in is carrying, and especially if it's a loose fitting shirt

In cool weather it's much harder to tell since any jacket or coat will hide things quite well

Choose a small weapon, carry in pocket or inside waistband at ten o'clock or two o'clock and you'll be in stealth mode.

Big weapons on the hip are gonna print and don't believe the story that they "look like a cell phone."

They look like a pistol.

:)

I bought a nylon jacket at Wilson's. It has two zippers. Behind the 1st one, there are convenient pockets on either side. All it takes is a pocket holster. There is another outside both sets of zippers that is slightly less convenient. I have found this a good CC jacket. Wilson's Stock number WM4AP373

Nathan and Marty, I appreciate your input on this. I will take a look at what Wilson's and Cabela's has to offer. I like the idea of a small zippered pocket inside the main zipper.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

I use lined heady demum jackets. I just use thos special flanged bolts that you can get at a good hardwar store and bolt the appropriate IWB Michaels holster inside the jacket. I have one jacket currently set up to carry three revolvers in holsters fastened into the coat. I have anpother of these coats that I am using when I pack semi auto with eight mags in the flap pockets.

Righ now I am IWB my Star Model B but I also grab my shoulder rig that is set up for my Star and a Savage backup in .32ACP

A zippered Pocket ....not so good an idea the delay of working the zipper and the possible sound might not be so good.

Last edited:
I was surprised at Wilson's selection of jackets that had oddly 'convenient' pockets that would work well for CC in a wide range of prices. Wearing the one I mentioned today. Spare mags are in one of those pockets, but I do prefer IWB myself. I do have a pocket holster to use as an option specifically with this jacket though.

Back