CCW holders keep an eye on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimpeel

Wyoming is reviewing its reciprocity with other states based on a review request by their Division of Criminal Investigation. A letter issued by DCI has been withdrawn but the review will continue. This could mean that reciprocity with 14 other states could be withdrawn based on WY CCW disqualification statutes which do not match those in the other states.

SOURCE

Watch what you're packing in other states

By Michael Van Cassell
mcassell@wyomingnews.com

CHEYENNE -- The Wyoming attorney general plans to review mutual recognition of concealed weapon permits between Wyoming and other states.

<MORE>

Wyoming

Sounds like the AG is on the tail of the House of Reps decision. The Governor is expected to sign the bill.

Associated Press - February 25, 2011 2:05 PM ET

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - The Wyoming House of Representatives has approved a bill to allow people to carry concealed guns without a permit.

The House voted 49-9 for the bill on Friday. The Senate already has approved it. The bill now goes to Gov. Matt Mead.

Proponents have emphasized that both the Wyoming and federal constitutions specify people have the right to carry guns.

Opponents include some police groups who say the bill could encourage dangerous people to carry guns who wouldn't be able to pass a background check under the state's existing concealed-carry permit system.

Wyoming would continue to issue concealed-carry permits even if the bill passes so citizens could have reciprocity with other states.

Alaska, Arizona and Vermont already allow citizens to carry concealed guns without permits.

Holy crap! I am so sorry. Their sort function did not place the stories in order of date.

Now I feel like an ass.

Mods, if you wish to delete this please feel free.

:D It happens. I wouldn't have noticed if not for time stamps on the comments. The article doesn't have a date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back