• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

CCW Forum

KNJoe

Inactive
I guess the name says it all. I tried searching for a preexisting thread here on this, didn't find one, so....

I find all these odd CCW threads scattered all over the place, in 4 or 5 different forums. Despite the fact that that's a bit funny, and I am one of the minority that's actually willing to use the SEARCH function to see if something's been posted before... I think that because of the amount and types of CC threads emerging, it may be simply easier to make it into a subforum unto itself. Seems to me it would fit quite nicely under the 'Hogan's Alley' get-up.

If it would be to much trouble, I'm sure I could assist in finding all the threads [that I could] that had a home there. I'd be fine with lightening the load in that manner, or something similar, as it was my idea.

Thank you...

I am one of the minority that's actually willing to use the SEARCH function to see if something's been posted before...

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184075

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147790

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133214

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51538

(... and there are many more.)

;)

Seriously, we thank you for the offer of help in getting a new forum together, but we have always maintained that CCW issues are well accomodated in the various existing forums. Sure as shootin', if someone starts a thread in Legal & Political on CCW issues and we move it to the new forum, the thread starter will question that since it is a legal issue with them. Same for CCW pistols, or CCW equipment, etc.

I searched for the words 'CCW,' 'concealed,' and 'cc,' on different searches each in this forum. I got the 'no threads could b found matching your description,' or whatever the message is. Perhaps you should look into that. My apologies for not having searched manually though, I feel like quite the idiot now.

And OK. Your reasons are perfectly viable, and I wouldn't have suggested it except the sheer volume of scattered CCW threads. Good luck.

*edit* Results for the entry 'concealed,' only stipulation being within this thread, lead to this result for myself:
'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'
Results for the Results for the entry 'CCW,' only stipulation being within this thread, lead to this result for myself:
'Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.'

I'm not sure why you're getting the results you are. Using only the term "CCW" in this forum only I got 23 hits when using the "Search Entire Posts" option and 5 hits when using "Search Titles Only". The only other pertinent option I am using is "Find Posts From: Any date and newer".

Similarly using the term "concealed", I get 65 hits in posts, but none in the titles.

If you are not getting similar results, I can't explain it.

Back